Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The Ancestor's are Compromising

Well this is the first post on the new blog site.  It is a work in progress but please be patient with me as I learn how to maneuver.  Well as you all know my research went from focusing on one family to learning about several more families.  Since the past three years of writing this online journal I have gone back and forth between my 2x great-grandmother on my grandfather side and my great grandmother on my grandmother.  With most of my focus on the 2x great-grandmother Martha my great-grandmother Mama Lula began to force some things upon me.  She allowed me to find out about Martha being a slave who her owner was, learn that she was a breeder and learn about the other two children.  I found a huge and significant amount of stuff for Martha more than I ever could dream of and since I feel that she felt that same sentiment Mama Lula started to make things more and more difficult to find something on the Yeldell side.

Martha understood but I did not but no matter how much I tried to stay on the Yeldell's Mama Lula would always bring me right back to her. For example every time I thought I found something for the Yeldell's it would always get turned around and be about the Senior/Peterson side. So on my last post I gave in I realized that the Senior/Peterson voice was going to be heard and there was nothing I could do to stop it.  Because of her persistence and the inclusion of other family members Mama Lula made it possible to learn and meet her brother Enoch Jr. children. We were able to add Maxine and her children to our clan as well as learn more about the children of Enoch.  There are still two of Enoch's grandchildren still alive today that I will hopefully get the chance to meet real soon one of which is I believe 102 years old.  We were also connected to Mama Lula's great-grandchildren.  Her daughter Essie grandson Derek Harrison was found at the beginning of the year.  He is the son to Annie Lou Ryans and John Harrison and according to Derek's wife they had been trying to find Mama Lula's family for years.  Mama Lula had definitely taken her turn in the spotlight.

Now that I have done this DNA testing it seems that Mama Lula and Granny Martha are kind of battling it out.  Because of them I am connected to people that I never even thought about being connected to (people I actually know) and there has been a definite battle for my attention.  I guess they realized they were driving me a little crazy and came to a compromise.  Today through the DNA testing I met a cousin by the name of Steve Handy.  Steve is probably related to us on Mama Lula side because of some mutual cousin between the two of us and he has this DNA stuff down to a tee.  He gave me websites and helping me with other links that I never even knew about.  Now don't get me wrong my cousin Charles was excellent in helping me and now with the two of them together I know that I will never not understand again.

On Martha's side I shared genomes with a person who is definitely related to me on the Yeldell side.  I know that it is the Yeldell side because of how he matches with other Yeldell cousins.  he, my mom and her two cousins information are stacked on top of each other like you stack bricks on the same chromosome. What makes it even more interesting is this is a man of Caucasian background.  This brings me closer to my goal than I have ever truly been.  Sure we have met several whit men and women  Yeldell's.  There is one set that we both claim each other as family even though we don't have definitive proof, so to get in touch with this man gives proof.  It gives a name for other white Yeldell's to compare too, it gives a starting point.

I know he may be related through my grandfather's mother side but then again he might not.  Either way this is a step towards my original research finding out about Yeldell's.  I wrote this family member a lengthy email explaining my excitement what this could do, how I feel and how my ultimate goal is to just bring our families together as one.  I will keep you posted on his response.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment